About Me

My photo
We are 2 sisters who have so much in common yet still have many differences. We are very crafty and love finding things that we can do/make instead of buy and since we enjoying spending time with our families its easy to incorporate that. We are budget friendly always finding the best deals! Homeschooling mamas who love sharing about the Lord. Join us as we share, teach and have a blast on our blog

Bible Reading


The book of Mark
Take your time and take notes. If there is a word you don't understand take the time to investigate it. Also always have fun



Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Getting It All Done



I’ve got laundry to do, dishes to wash, children to teach, a house to run, a husband to tend, and the list goes on and on. Two words could easily describe any given day: OVERWHELMING and CHAOTIC! So, how does one get it all done in only 24 hours (mind you, I’ve gotta sleep sometime)? First and most importantly, bring the day before our Father in heaven, seek His wisdom and allow Him to guide you in prioritizing.
Secondly, no one really likes to hear the “S” word, BUT we are most efficient and can accomplish more with a schedule. There, I said it, a schedule.
Well, allow me to be the first to admit that I am schedule-making challenged. Really, I am. I look at all that needs to be accomplished and begin to ask the Lord for a small miracle, if He will just extend my day a few more hours, say 34 hours in a day. I mean, not too tall an order for the Savior of the universe. Instead He gives wisdom freely to those who ask and He also places believers in our lives with different gifts.
 Well, since I’m a little lacking on the gift of scheduling, He brought my sister in and would you believe she created a doable schedule for my family (which is no easy task)?!? AND to her it was not a big deal. Like I said, her gift not mine.
Also just to make it clear how challenging scheduling for my family can be, let me throw out some key phrases: 1 home school mom, an elementary schooler, a middle schooler, a high schooler the high schooler also does part-time college, mom is taxi for all, throw about 7 extracurricular activities in the mix. I mean this is no easy task folks but she did it. She has an amazing gift and thankfully, she is willing to share that gift. If you are like me and am overwhelmed in wondering how to get it all done, we will have scheduling services available soon. Also, I will be a posting a sample schedule. Let’s encourage one another as wives and moms and help each other to be the women we were created to be.
 God bless, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment