About Me

My photo
We are 2 sisters who have so much in common yet still have many differences. We are very crafty and love finding things that we can do/make instead of buy and since we enjoying spending time with our families its easy to incorporate that. We are budget friendly always finding the best deals! Homeschooling mamas who love sharing about the Lord. Join us as we share, teach and have a blast on our blog

Bible Reading


The book of Mark
Take your time and take notes. If there is a word you don't understand take the time to investigate it. Also always have fun



Friday, February 22, 2013

homemade mayos back!

So my hubby completely despises grocery shopping,he likes the food but hates when I shop. Like in the movie Tangled I cant help thinking hes at war with himself.....lol So we came up with a plan he told me to run into the store buy food that last and don't spend a lot of money. Great plan eh? I would have to say easier said than done. So after pulling my hair out at the store due to little money and lack of time I finally arrive home feeling accomplished. The boys are starving so I had a brilliant idea burgers and fries( turkey of course and sweet potato) I'm in the south don't judge me.lol Any who after preparing my meat for the burgers I realize I forgot the mayo.Here I go Spazing ,thoughts running through my head. How could you forget the mayo,how you gonna tell hubby,you don't even have coleslaw left over!!!...???.Finally I had the thought of the thoughts (I know how to make mayo duh.) So out came the blender on high....In flew...
2 eggs
a pinch of salt
1 tbsp lemon juice
and about 1 cup of oil * keep adding oil a bit at a time until its as thick as you want it.
Dump in jar and throw in the fridge.
God came through on that 1 because it may just be GA talking but whats a burger without mayo....????
~Lane~

Amy Speaking: First off, I LOVE my sisters mayo. and thik that she is awesomely creative! I am a bit more of a purist (or freak, whichever you prefer) when it comes to food. We both LOVE to cook and have small budgets, so we're inclined to be quite creative :-) Anyway, into my blender goes: 1 egg, 2 egg yolks, 1T. lemon juice, a little sea salt and pepper, 1/2 c. of coconut oil and 1/2 c. olive oil.

Either of these recipes is much healthier than the stuff in the store. Take note on how short our ingredients list is and how all the ingredient names are recognizable.
Lanes Mayo

Amys Mayo

1 comment: