About Me

My photo
We are 2 sisters who have so much in common yet still have many differences. We are very crafty and love finding things that we can do/make instead of buy and since we enjoying spending time with our families its easy to incorporate that. We are budget friendly always finding the best deals! Homeschooling mamas who love sharing about the Lord. Join us as we share, teach and have a blast on our blog

Bible Reading


The book of Mark
Take your time and take notes. If there is a word you don't understand take the time to investigate it. Also always have fun



Friday, February 15, 2013

fireplace cover

Its been a little chilly lately here in Ga and so we are doing everything to keep the heat in. We were sitting in our living room the other day and were wondering " why on earth it want getting warm." I mean we had the heat on high and the entire downstairs was warm except the living room. Then my husbands said there is a breeze under our fireplace. low an  behold the vent under the fireplace was letting in a breeze. Im a bit different than my husband so when he mentioned  throwing a blanket in front of it that didn't fly with me.So a craft began  ( sorry moms my son wasnt invited to this one)I measured the width and length of the vent and began all I did was cut cardboard the size I needed ,grabbed some fabric and began gluing until it was complete. I was finished in a matter of minutes and glued some magnets on the back so it would stick. If you fireplace vent isn't metal you can always use Velcro in the matching color I had a blast and it looks way better than a folded blanket I think!

Lane



No comments:

Post a Comment