About Me

My photo
We are 2 sisters who have so much in common yet still have many differences. We are very crafty and love finding things that we can do/make instead of buy and since we enjoying spending time with our families its easy to incorporate that. We are budget friendly always finding the best deals! Homeschooling mamas who love sharing about the Lord. Join us as we share, teach and have a blast on our blog

Bible Reading


The book of Mark
Take your time and take notes. If there is a word you don't understand take the time to investigate it. Also always have fun



Saturday, February 21, 2015

God's Gift... a study on Created to be his Helpmeet

What exactly is a Help Meet? Well, honestly it was something that I(Amy), spent numerous years not doing well. My husband and I fell in love as teenagers and married as teenagers as well. Neither of us saved. If you haven't accepted Jesus as Savior, please take some time to read here. Two unsaved, teenage, sinners, went about the business of having kids and moving forward in marriage however we knew how. Neither of us being brought up knowing exactly what a godly, christ-centered marriage looked like. To keep an extremely long story short, we both ended up coming to know Christ and through the help of the Holy Spirit, which dwells in us
By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us
 and wisdom granted from our Heavenly Father  
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him
 God led us to resources to help us in our walk with Him. One of those resources I was led to and has helped me immensely is the book, Created to be his Help Meet by Debi Pearl. And as we mature in our faith, we are to share the knowledge we have with other women 
and so train the young women to love their husbands and children
Thus, my sister and I feel led to share what we're gleaning week-by-week throughout the above mentioned book. SO, what is a help meet? Help-Meet:
(Heb. 'ezer ke-negdo; i.e., "a help as his counterpart" = a help suitable to him), a wife (Gen 2:18-20). We are helpers that have been suited for our own husbands. 
For man was not made from woman, but woman from man.
Since us women have been created to be helpers to our man, let's ponder the question, In what ways can we be helpers to our husbands? One example would be to be there to help when he needs. I was recently handed a list of things my husband needed me to accomplish for him that day. He generally doesn't give me lists so I knew that he really needed my help in these things. Well it just so happened that he gave me a list on my busiest day of the week. Not only did I need to fulfill my role as homemaker, home school mom, taking two kiddos to classes that day, so on and so on BUT I had this list! Like I referenced earlier, thanks be to God for giving me the Holy Spirit and wisdom. I graciously accepted that list and prayed for God to order my day and allow me the grace to accomplish what needed to be done. He did. That day ran a little differently. After bible study, I went about fulfilling the items on that list and then accomplishing other necessary tasks that day. Let me tell you, that husband of mine was blessed! Anyone and everyone around could tell how much he appreciated that I had put him first and been the helper God had called me to be.


2 comments:

  1. Good stuff. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete