About Me

My photo
We are 2 sisters who have so much in common yet still have many differences. We are very crafty and love finding things that we can do/make instead of buy and since we enjoying spending time with our families its easy to incorporate that. We are budget friendly always finding the best deals! Homeschooling mamas who love sharing about the Lord. Join us as we share, teach and have a blast on our blog

Bible Reading


The book of Mark
Take your time and take notes. If there is a word you don't understand take the time to investigate it. Also always have fun



Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Clutter OUT Clothes IN (Declutter your closet)

So my fabulous sister (Amy) is always super great at keeping me in check. So it was no surprise when she asked me to pick a dirty spot in my house (a Fire) and put it out. So my fire was my closet and its no surprise to people that know me I'm a bit meticulous when it comes to my closet space, hey I only have to see it multiple times a day and pick out my clothes that's going to represent my feeling for the day I should be overly inspired to keep it tidy. That is why today I'm bringing in simple steps to de-clutter your closet..

Step 1
Clear out- Those clothes that you don't want, get rid of them . They don't fit, bye bye and if you still enjoy them set them on your bed for later.

Step 2
Clean up-  Vacuum, sweep, clean and heck beautify if you want to add some bedazzle to the wall now's your shot, some paint here and there doesn't hurt either. If not just clean :-)

Step 3
Plan- You should be a little sweaty now so here's your chance to take a break; really analyze how you want your closet to look and how it can best suit your needs. TIPS If you don't have drawers in your closet and can't get them now cute baskets on the shelf help to keep your small items in check. If you don't like hanging certain items no fears find an area in the closet that's perfect for hosting folded items.

Step 4
Utilize- Lets get back to work and utilize that beautiful freshly cleaned space. Hang nice shirts where they are easily accessible, that's what you will probably grab the most. Next your pants/jeans; If your like me you don't wear dresses It's good to hang those in the back, my dresses are actually in a totally separate closet(due to lack of wear.)Then shoes lets put the ones you use most toward the floor the shoes you don't wear as much can be placed nicely on a shelf. Now my bags are in the separate closet I mention earlier a nice trick is to hang them on hangers toward the back of the closet.

Step 5
Decorate- Now's your chance to do little changes here and there and also add your own flare maybe a plant here a mirror there whatever you think looks nice. Remember this is your area that is essentially going to start everyday so ask yourself while your decorating," will this brighten my day?"

No comments:

Post a Comment