About Me

My photo
We are 2 sisters who have so much in common yet still have many differences. We are very crafty and love finding things that we can do/make instead of buy and since we enjoying spending time with our families its easy to incorporate that. We are budget friendly always finding the best deals! Homeschooling mamas who love sharing about the Lord. Join us as we share, teach and have a blast on our blog

Bible Reading


The book of Mark
Take your time and take notes. If there is a word you don't understand take the time to investigate it. Also always have fun



Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Created to be his Helpmeet, chapter 3- A Thankful Spirit





This chapter was all about contentment.  A subject that a lot of us Christian women find ourselves having trouble with.  Are you content with the life your husband provides or are you complaining, making an outright attack on his ego? Are you appreciative and thankful to your husband or are you trying to be his Holy Spirit?  Oftentimes, I hear a lot women say, "If only..., if he..., I could if..."  I've said these exact things myself.  So many excuses to find a way out of what God calls us to.  BUT,  if in God's Word you don't see Him starting a command with exceptions or giving a command with them, then why do we? All of a sudden does God's commands not apply to us? Don't allow your heart to be hardened to the things of God. 

Phil 4:11 ...for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.

Heb 13:5 ... and be content with what you have.

1 Tim. 6:6-8  But godliness with contentment is great gain,  for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.  But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.

If you are having trouble in being content, start practicing it today. Just because you've always been a certain way or had trouble in a certain area, doesn't mean that you can't change. Seek the Lord for help in this.

Romans 8:26  Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness...

Things to think on:

Have I been discontent with my lot in life?

Do I verbally show thanksgiving everyday?

Do I daily thank God for my husband?

Would my friends describe me as joyful, thankful, and content?

No comments:

Post a Comment