About Me

My photo
We are 2 sisters who have so much in common yet still have many differences. We are very crafty and love finding things that we can do/make instead of buy and since we enjoying spending time with our families its easy to incorporate that. We are budget friendly always finding the best deals! Homeschooling mamas who love sharing about the Lord. Join us as we share, teach and have a blast on our blog

Bible Reading


The book of Mark
Take your time and take notes. If there is a word you don't understand take the time to investigate it. Also always have fun



Friday, April 19, 2013

explosion!!!!

So I'm cleaning the house to hear my baby boy saying "uh oh"  I realize his  toy vacuum handle fell off. Its OK I reassure my little one,mommy will fix it. I plug in the glue gun to warm up and continue to clean. To my surprise I smell something burning my 1st reaction STOVE ... nothing. 2nd reaction THE BABY.... NADA!! I'm now at a loss until I see smoke,my glue gun was smoking. I quickly yanked the cord out of the wall then thanked God that  it was on the counter away from  things. Some melted glue had seeped down into parts it shouldnt have. Needless to say my glue gun is in critical condition.

which brings me to my second part of this...
Glue gun safety

it's easy to get caught up using this tool and forget that it is burning hot and can catch fire.
Based on my recent experience I would recommend these safety tips.

-keep your gun on a hard nonflammable surface
- place your gun in a clear area away from things that would catch flame
-pull any loose cordage up onto the counter where tiny hands or pets cant yank it down.
-Don't leave the area while gun is on
- lastly remember the internal device can get extremely hot and the glue is hot so proceed with caution.

In the event your gun catches fire remain calm,unplug it from the wall. cap it with a pot until the flame is dispersed and don't fret you can buy a new one.

God bless,have fun and be safe!
~Lane
?

No comments:

Post a Comment