About Me

My photo
We are 2 sisters who have so much in common yet still have many differences. We are very crafty and love finding things that we can do/make instead of buy and since we enjoying spending time with our families its easy to incorporate that. We are budget friendly always finding the best deals! Homeschooling mamas who love sharing about the Lord. Join us as we share, teach and have a blast on our blog

Bible Reading


The book of Mark
Take your time and take notes. If there is a word you don't understand take the time to investigate it. Also always have fun



Thursday, August 28, 2014

train birthday ideas


ok so my little mans bday is coming up. He loves trains or anything to do with trains,so train bday it is. This is gonna be a very basic party and I dont have alot of decorations considering my printers out of ink. So this post will be an awesome bday party on a budget. Ill start with food so initially I was only gonna do cake and icecream as I was trying to make this party short. Seeing as my sis in-law volunteered the cake we are doing a bit of toddler loving food. So the CAKE It will be thomas the tank engine basic cake vanilla with whipped frosting a pic of thomas coving the top and at his funnel a pic of the bday boy so cute. The food is basic we will bbq some hotdog I have an assortment of potato chips and the healthy version of jug juices as well as baked beans( per request of both my hubby and bday boy) lol.

I have made a very inexpensive pinata (although pinatas are sooooo cheap to make) I should do a tutorial. I made it green like his favorite train. I decided to fill it with peanut butter cup,safe lollipops,chocolate covered caramel and bite sized cookies(When its hanging the wheels wont look flat.)



now for the decorations this will really help your budget lol.
I have the bday banner with table center pieces and confetti already ( remember my party box post.)
The pinata of course will hang somewhere. for the food I will choose containers which I will cut circles out of construction paper and tape to,to make wheels. I will place 1 of my sons toy trains in front to have a long train buffet line.
I haven't added all the wheels yet or the labels.


I will be taping down black tape in the front of the house to look like train track with a homemade paper sign on the door that reads "please take your choos off"


I will tie a few green and blue balloons to my mailbox

then the power party decor idea (like a said earlier no decorations) I will be hang balloons from my ceiling with ribbon as well as some twisted crepe paper to look almost like a circus tent. Then the rest of balloons will be scattered around on the floor.
just a few streamers I will add different colors later

dont worry i will post pics for those who cant imagine my ideas all in all my decorations cost under $5  as i had everything to build the pinata and the rest of the items were pick up at dollar tree.

a couple signs i placed ofcourse the yellow one will be straight ,couldnt straighten it on camera for some reason.


Also before I forget I made my little man a conductor costume with overalls ,hat and bandana Also on his actual bday he will recieve a train whistle a bday boy pin.

That wraps up the bday ideas if you have questions please comment below and remember HAVE FUN

LANE

No comments:

Post a Comment